In accordance with the provision of "Guiding Directions for Foreign Investor to Invest", the projects China encourages foreign investors to invest in are:
1. Those categorized as advanced new technology for agriculture, agriculture integrated development, power, traffic transportation, and important raw materials;
2. Those categorized as advanced new technology and appropriate technology, which could improve performance of products and enterprise's economic and technological performance, or produce new equipment and new materials that domestic production capacity can not meet;
3. Those upgrading the product's quality level and explore new markets, or enhance competence of the product for the international market, pursuant to marketing;
4. Those categorized as advanced new technology and new equipment, which can save power and raw materials, make comprehensive use of resources and renewable resources, bring environmental pollution under control;
5. Those giving full play to advantages of human resources and natural resources of the China’s western region, and in accord with the state's industrial policies;
6. Those prescribed by other laws, administrative regulations, and measures.