Nanyang Fuya (an ancient government office), located on Minzhu Street in Nanyang city, was built in 1271 during the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368), and has a traceable history of over 740 years. The existing architectural complex is built in the style of the Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911) dynasties.
The main gate of the Ancient Government Office of Nanyang. [Photo/Henan Daily]
The office covers an area of 80,000 square meters, with a length of 330 meters and a width of 240 meters. It is the country's best-preserved county-level government complex from the feudal era, as well as a key historical site under state protection. Regarded as a landmark and symbol of Nanyang history and culture, the ancient complex enjoys significant historical, artistic and scientific value, offering valuable historical information on government-appointed officials, sacrificial ceremonies, government affairs and taxation during ancient times.
Nanyang Fuya consists of a Main Hall, Second Hall and Third Hall, with the Main Hall serving as the central structure. There is some garden architecture in front of the main building, including a screen wall facing the main gate, a memorial archway, a main gate, and a ceremonial gate. The office was built along with a "siheyuan" (China's traditional courtyard-style houses), providing rooms for the government departments of official personnel affairs, revenue, rites, wars, penalties and works during China's feudal era.
The Third Hall of Nanyang Fuya, also known as Yansi Hall. [Photo/Henan Daily]
|The magnificent Main Hall of Nanyang. [Photo/fuya.org]|